Elective Courses in Oncology
The 2014 dates for the Antwerp (Belgium) course will be announced shortly on this website.
There will be no course in Poznan in 2014.
With the key goal of encouraging medical students to specialise in an oncology related discipline, ECCO is organising two Elective Courses in Oncology for Medical Students.
The courses provide insight into all aspects of oncology with both theoretical and practical sessions. The programme incorporates plenary sessions, case study presentations, daily special visits to various oncology departments and group course projects that must be finalised and presented at the end of the course.
Students will be selected through a competitive application process. Successful candidates benefit from free registration and accommodation at a fellow student’s home as well as a travel grant. Forty eight students will be selected for the two courses.
The courses have been designated for European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System Credits (ECTS).
click here or on the image above to download the brochure
- The courses are offered to medical students who have completed their fourth year of studies at the time of the course
- Applicants must live and work in a European country
- To provide insight into all aspects of oncology with both theoretical and practical sessions
- To facilitate a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment
- To give a presentation on a specific and defined topic
- Ten working days
- The programme covers all aspects of oncology
- Theoretical plenary sessions of a maximum 2 hours every day
- Case presentations
- Daily two-hour practical sessions in small groups every day (labs, ward visits, etc)
- Preparation in small working groups of a presentation on a specific topic under the supervision of a teacher.
- The last day will be devoted to the project presentations delivered by the students (compulsory)
- Students are requested to bring their laptops to the course
- The official language is English - students must be fluent in English
For more information please contact:
Ms. Françoise Van Hemelryck, Education & EU Project Manager
ECCO - the European CanCer Organisation
Avenue E. Mounier, 83
1200 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: + 32 (2) 775 29 38 + 32 (2) 775 29 38
Fax: + 32 (2) 775 02 00
* Please replace <at> with @
PRINT THIS PAGE